Determine the extent of your hearing issues and explore your options with a diagnostic hearing evaluation from a Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus (LENTS) audiologist.
Are you suspicious that you have hearing loss but are not sure how significant it is and what you should do about it?
Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus (LENTS) provides diagnostic hearing evaluations. These evaluations will take you from a place of worry and frustration to knowing exactly what type of hearing loss you’re suffering from, the extent of the damage, and what to do next.
Get the answers you need to bring comfort and normalcy back into your life. Schedule your diagnostic hearing evaluation with LENTS today.
What is a Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation?
A diagnostic hearing evaluation is a series of tests conducted by a professional audiologist. The audiologist uses an audiometer to examine your current level of hearing and uncover any hearing loss issues.
Information from the evaluation will be used to recommend what you need to do next to address any present hearing conditions.
These tests are safe and recommended for patients of any age. The diagnostic hearing evaluation is covered by most healthcare providers. Ask your primary care physician for a referral if one is needed to have your provider cover the evaluation.
What’s included in a Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation?
Mentioned above, diagnostic hearing evaluations include a series of tests, which can last 30-45 minutes. The appointment may take longer based on your results and your conversation with the audiologist.
Tests performed may include:
- Air conduction
- Bone conduction
- Distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAE)
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR)
- Acoustic immittance
Recommendations provided after the completion of the evaluation may include medical or surgical treatments if necessary, or hearing aids.
Preparing for Your Hearing Evaluation
For your evaluation with Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus, bring the following:
- A close friend or family member for support.
- Information related to your medical history.
- A list of hearing issues you want to address with the audiologist (tinnitus, balance problems, etc.).
- The names of medications and supplements you’re currently taking.
We want you to have the best experience possible. To ensure a great evaluation, here are several tips:
- Ask questions.
- Be active in your care and share what works best for you.
- Your lifestyle plays a role in what hearing solutions will work best. Take that into account.
- Your audiologist is there for you. An evaluation can serve as an opportunity to build a beneficial working relationship.
- Plan extra time into your day for the appointment. If you do in fact need hearing aids, the audiologist will have an additional discussion with you on available options and provide you with information to consider.
Ready to have your hearing issues diagnosed and treated? Reserve your hearing evaluation at Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus by requesting an appointment today.
Frustrated by sudden and unexplained hearing loss?
Schedule an appointment with the Audiology & Hearing Specialists at Louisiana Ear Nose Throat & Sinus today!
Our Audiology and Hearing Aid Services
We offer the following services when it comes to your audiology health:
Think you may be suffering from hearing loss? Take the quiz to see if we can help!